Starter relay and huge power consumption?

Is it the same as in the UK? The poorer areas breed faster and become cuter, either through more generations, or because since they're thick, they need looks over personality/intelligence to get a mate.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Only for something like a hoover to clean your floor. But when something means the wrong thing, it shouldn't be used. It's like sports commentators actually say the reverse of what they mean - "2 seconds off the pace". Pace is a word meaning speed. If you are off speed, you are slower. But they use it to mean 2 seconds off the time, ie. faster!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

This one doesn't. And I didn't actually buy it for a Magnum, I just wanted a big mother f****ng relay.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Thank goodness people marry for money here also. Sometimes a good looking one will marry an ugly rich one. It keeps the gene pool stirred.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

With that theory Scots women must be f****ng brilliant. I haven't been there but a friend in the U-boat service said a week there made three months at sea in a nuclear submarine look good. Unlike the pig boats the nukes rarely surfaced.

Reply to
rbowman

That depends what part of Scotland. Are you referring to Glasgow by any chance? I think that's 90% council estate chavs. This area is about 65%, which at least means two thirds of the local population disobey the speed limits and don't hold me up.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Trouble is those folk are more sensible and have 1 or 2 kids. The poor ones have 6.

If one is good looking and one is rich, the offspring have a 25% chance of being both.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Holy Lock where the weather and the women are cold and wet...

Reply to
rbowman

Just because it's common doesn't make it right. A relay connects power. A solenoid moves something, like a valve.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong with mine. I bought a replacement one designed for an old car (because it was the cheapest high current relay). I wasn't going to use it for its intended purpose, I needed to switch about 100A and leave it on for long periods, so this one would have overheated. It has four terminals, two of which are thick posts. I assumed that you connect power to the small two, and it switches the big two. But perhaps I'm supposed to use the grounding connector on it aswell, and briefly connect 12V to one of the two smaller posts to get it to move, then to the other to hold it there. If so, too much hassle to design a circuit to do that.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

My lawn mower is electric, I don't use outdated technology.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The word battery is wrong too. Technically a battery is a lot of something, it came about from things like car batteries with 6 2V cells. Technically an AA battery is not a battery, but just one cell.

And then they improved on the jar by making a swiss roll of paper (!) which they still use in TV sets and it expires after 5 years, rendering the TV useless unless you know to replace them. At least computers use solid aluminium capacitors (which are only 10-25% more expensive, but never wear out).

P.S. left wing folk can't be traders.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Electric lawnmowers go back to 1930. Nothing new there.

Reply to
rbowman

More likely tantalum electrolytics.

Reply to
rbowman

That's not what it says on the big advert on the front of the motherboard box.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The motor is newer/quieter/less polluting than the internal combustion engine is newer/quieter/less polluting than the steam engine. But some folk just like to make a f****ng racket so I can hear their mower in my damn house!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey