Stanley Folding Workbench

Anyone familiar with the Stanley Zag Folding Workbench? I'm just getting started with woodworking and need to get some sawhorses or something for use with my circular saw. Would the Stanley Folding Workbench do the trick, or would I be better off buying two folding sawhorses? Would one be enough for basic chores, or would I eventually have to buy a second anyway?

Thanks.

-Fleemo

Reply to
fleemo17

If you buy all 3 then you can build the saw horses to the same height as the workbench. Then when you have a large piece of wood to work with you have supports that will provide a level work surface for you. Just my 2 cents.

Reply to
Evon

Nice, good advice.

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

Reply to
nospambob

It's kinda like the chicken and the egg -- I need a work platform to cut the wood in order to make a work platform. :/

Actually I did wind up purchasing this little baby, and though I haven't thoroughly put it through its paces yet, I'm impressed. Very sturdy, the clamps are surprisingly strong, and its lightweight and folds up tightly to be easily stored. I give it a thumbs up at this point. :)

-Fleemo

Reply to
fleemo17

You have to admit, when you want to do something buying your tools off the self helps in motivativing you to get started sooner.

Good info, I'm going to be checking out folding work benches, maybe today.

thx,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

Reply to