Spiders in the tub

Lately there have been spiders crawling up the tub drain pipe. I also found one in my kitchen sik his morning. Does this mean I have a broken drain pipe? Is this a common problem?

Are there any cheap solutions to preventing these spiders from invading my sinks and tubs?

Thanks

Deb

Reply to
deb_dolittle

One quick question. Are you sure they're coming up from the drain, or are they dropping into the sink and tub from above?

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

In article , deb snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... :) Lately there have been spiders crawling up the tub drain pipe. I also :) found one in my kitchen sik his morning. Does this mean I have a broken :) drain pipe? Is this a common problem? :) :) Are there any cheap solutions to preventing these spiders from invading :) my sinks and tubs? :) :) Thanks :) :) Deb :) :) They will be crawling into the basins rather than coming from the drain. They are probably attracted to the light color of the sink and keeping them just out of the sink would involve keeping them out of the house in general.

Reply to
Lar

Naw, they're crawling in from the floor or the ceiling and get trapped because the tub is too slick to climb from or they just like it in there 'cause it's cool and there's a ready source of water.

I don't think there's much you can do about them getting in there - other than eliminating the source of the water - perhaps drying the sides of the tub after you shower?

Spiders are pretty simple creatures, all they want in food, water, and a mate. This is about the right time for the males to go wandering around for a mate which might be why you are seeing so many. Also it's been hot and the tub seems to be a pretty cool place to chill out and get some brews.

Reply to
Eigenvector

HOLY CRAP It's the invasion of SPIDERS FROM HELL..... It could even be SPIDER MAN.....

Are you missing any family members yet? I hear these tub spiders can eat a whole person in 10 minutes.....

On a more serious note (of course spiders eating people is a pretty serious matter), I always find spiders in my tub too. How they get in there is beyond me. I highly doubt they are coming up the drain. The traps are filled with water like they should be. I just figure they are in the house, they get into the tub, and they cant escape because the tub walls are too slippery. So, they get smashed with a fly swatter and life goes on..... Spiders are not all that terrible...

And there is always the possibliity the spiders need a bath and they dont have their own bath tubs !!!!

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

DAMN........ You mean they are going to "do it" in my tub !!!! Looks like I need to set up a webcam in my tub. Then I can sell the videos to one of those sex websites !!!!

Reply to
maradcliff

I know spiders are our friends but one of my kids got bit by a spider last month and his leg swelled up. Consequently, he freaks when he sees one in the tub and refuses to get in! (Some of them are pretty big and scary looking). Also, we have black widows around, so I have taught my kids to be weary of spiders, especially ugly, black ones..

snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Reply to
deb_dolittle

Reply to
Phisherman

Same here. I had a spider bite on my forehead last year that turned very nasty. Had to end up having a lot of dead tissue excised by a dermatologist which left a deep scar. It hurt like Hell for a long time, in fact it's still tender at times. I hate spiders, and keep two cans of Black Flag Spider Spray handy. One for outside, one for inside.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Not to be a nag, but I direct you to this site

I'm not overly fond of spiders, I find them creepy and icky but intellectually I realize that they are necessary and beneficial and have a horrible rep.

Reply to
Eigenvector

I'm sure they're useful and beneficial, but they need to be useful and beneficial out of my territory, which is my house and small patio area.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Hah Ha, I read you. My basement needs to be zoned as a no man's (spider's) land too. Get a cat, my kitty just loves to pounce on spiders.

Reply to
Eigenvector