Sparks Inside Outlet Box!?

This comment right here..thanks for posting it...seriously. This is why we often times say, GET A PRO, period. Sometimes, when there are things that you cant see, WE sure cant see them over the net and the liability of trying to help feel around, as it were, in the dark (dark being the internet) isnt worth it. Sometimes you have problems from day one, even thou things seem to work fine. When they fail, and things are put back right, is when you find you have larger issues...or the original screw up caused more than you realized.

This time of year is when the bad stuff shows up and all of us get behind. Im so far behind right now I cant see daylight and the ONLY reason Im on now is to send a mail to a customer.

Good luck and hope it all works out.

Reply to
webmaster

While it may seem odd to you, it is done intentionally. Houses are wired in such a way that losing one circuit in a room will not render the room useless. Receptacles on the front wall are on one line while the ones on the opposite wall will be on another even though they may be in the same room.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Typical gas range uses 110 to operate a light and a timer.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

To add to the confusion, some single receptacles are wired 1/2 to one circuit, the other half to another. This is why you must check both halves for current before messing with the wiring.

Reply to
Gort

I hope so too. Given all the conditions you've mentioned I'd expect cloth-insulated wiring on insulator posts inside the walls.

I hope I'm wrong, and wish you the best of luck.

Reply to
Gort

....snip...tale of sparky...

So, what did your friendly electrician find out?

Reply to
Duane Bozarth