Sony DSC-P100 lense wont shut...

I have a DSC-P100 that I usually carry around in my pocket. I think it has some dust or other debris in it as the lens will now no longer shut.

It is out of warranty and Sony wants $181 to fix it.

Looking at some of the newer units out there, Seems like a waste to spend $181 on a DSC-P100 if I could get DSC-W30 for $220...

What is the replacement for the DSC-P100? Seems like the P series went away?

This is the Camera I take with me for the Spur of the moment things when It would be nice to have a camera, but not something I'm really into taking photos with. I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT that I use that for. Dont get my wring, I love the little sony... It has several thousand pictures under its belt...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Yeah, I forget the model number but there's an Olympus that is rated to take something like a 5 foot drop and works underwater. Seems to me that that would be the way to go for pocket camera that is likely to take a beating.

Reply to
J. Clarke