Slightly sloping ceilings

Anyone got a ceiling like this? http://tinypic.com/r/vqkv91/9 I found it when looking at air conditioning - this guy has a 10 degree sloping ceiling, so the AC looks squint. How do people with ceilings like that hang pictures etc? The site doesn't always work well - click shift refresh if the picture doesn't appear.
--
The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

On Sat 18 Mar 2017 07:17:02p, James Wilkinson Sword told us...

With a spirit level?

Then the picture looks squint as your eye matches the top of it with the ceiling.
--
I think car alarms should be set to explode after two minutes.
That way, we either take out a car thief, or deprive a noise-polluting jerk of his wheels.

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but as a designer, I have worked with picture groupings on walls where there was a slant to the ceiling. The grouping usually draws the viewer's sight, not the ceiling line. In any event, if you can't actually change the ceiling, then it's best to create a visual diversion.

Maybe lots of pictures, but that AC unit looked ridiculous.
--
A lawyer is simply a computer on two legs. It cannot think for itself, all it can do is remember vast amounts of information - past cases, billions of strange laws, etc.

On Mon 20 Mar 2017 08:45:35a, James Wilkinson Sword told us...

Agreed!

[snip]

The best solution to that problem would be to not worry about it. If you can't, how about putting the pictures lower so you don't often notice both a picture and the ceiling? You gut used to the picture not looking perfect, and any guest who complains is being rude.
It would be possible to paint the top few inches of the wall a different color, making the line (between colors) parallel to the floor. Hang all pictures below that.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Painting a top section of the wall is a good idea, and one might also consider painting the air conditioning unit to match.

Use round or oval picture frames?
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

two of our "rooms" are flattish roof with slight slope to shed rain or melting snow. only one has anything hanging on the wall. we used hooks in the trim at the top of the wall and monofilament line. i wouldn't know if it was level or not, the picture is kinda behind the coat tree.
songbird

The "easy answer" is to shim and strap the ceiling to make it level with new dry-wall.
Far from the least work - but still the "easy answer"

I would have thought that should be done when the house is built. Just because the roof is sloping doesn't mean the ceiling has to be.
--
A young blonde girl goes to the doctor for a physical. The doctor puts his stethoscope up to the girl's chest and says, "Big breaths."
The girl replies, "Yeth and I'm not even thickthteen."

Why are you hanging pictures on the ceiling? I hang pictures on the wall, and the ceiling has nothing to do with it.
[snip]

Sam E wrote:

Really ? Did you look at the link ?
--
Snag

On 3/19/2017 4:33 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I looked at the link but still did not understand the comment about hanging pictures. I hand them about eye level, not at the ceiling. What did we miss?
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The sloping ceiling makes the picture look as though it's hung crooked .
--
Snag

On 3/19/2017 7:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Perhaps on two walls, but not the other two. OTOH, I tend to look t the picture, not the ceiling.

No peripheral vision?
--
Earth is 98% full, please delete anyone you can.

Because the picture is close enough to the ceiling so you can tell they are not parallel.
--
During the weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives.
From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

It's a low ceiling? Gotta duck to keep from bumping your head at the low end??