slate in bedroom ?

I think you have a lovely unique house and you guys obviously have great taste, and any one that will like the rest of your house will be just fine with slate in the bedroom, especially with the radiant heat underneath.

Reply to
Sue

So do you.

Reply to
KLS

I always kinda liked that brown (or I think they called it something like 'copper').

You want the 1960 GE cooktop and wall oven I'm about to rip out? White. (or it was white...)

Banty

Reply to
Banty

I ripped out the sink today and replaced it with a modern stainless steel one. Kind of a shame though, it matched my 1975 microwave nicely.

Reply to
homeowner

That home already has tons of personality (meaning, a certain % of folks will run screaming from it, which translates into a harder-to-sell home). Adding additional personality ain't gonna change that. Go with what you want in the bedroom -- the radiant floor heat pretty much negates the only serious downside of stone on the bedroom floor -- everything else is esthetics.

Reply to
Andy Hill

I'm hanging onto my brown 1969-vintage appliances for that very reason ;-)

Reply to
DrLith

Probably none, but he's 'thinking' about it.

Wrong.

G Henslee

I'm actually curious as to what the name for this color actually is. I know that in vintage appliance world, green = avocado, but I imagine this sort of brown has some special name as well.

From the Southern Illinoisian:

"appliance companies are becoming more daring with color. Dacor is adding pale green and blue double wall ovens to its line of stainless steel this year. The British company Aga offers electric and gas ranges in 15 colors, including two shades of purple: eggplant and lavender.... Red is the top selling Big Chill refrigerator color, says Orion Creamer, product designer and co-owner of the Colorado company. Yellow and light blue are close seconds. So far most customers looking to add retro chic to their kitchens are from California and New York....Still, the general population seems ready for an alternative to neutral large appliance colors, says Creamer, based on sales that have steadily grown since the colorful refrigerators were introduced in the summer. People have started requesting colors the company doesn't currently offer. "But not avocado or harvest gold," he says. "We won't be coming out with these anytime soon."

No, but close! The kitchen is the last untouched realm in my house, which spent many many years as a dismal and neglected batchelor pad in my husband's former life. The overall theme of the home is "rustic," variously interpreted, and I'm not sure quite what variety the kitchen will take on, but I absolutely certain that stainless or black moderne appliances will have no place in it! Which means when we're ready to take the kitchen remodel plunge, I'm hoping to benefit from the current stainless obsession by picking up nearly new white white-goods at bargain prices off Craigslist. I can't believe the number of people in this area who are ripping out 2 or 3-yo appliances so they can upgrade to stainless.

Reply to
DrLith

I'm in Denver, we tend to warm up during the day here with some good sun

Reply to
gd226

It may. Not too many people want a slate floor, especially in the bedroom. A wood floor is an easier selling point.

Reply to
Phisherman

Agree with you there.

Reply to
MrC1

We just put bamboo down in the foyer/hal/kitchen/diningroom. It's far better looking than vinyl at a similar installed price.

Reply to
keith

Ok, keep the dog inside, but don't invite me over.

I still say they are going to trash the slate.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Having slate in the bedroom is going to be the least of your issues when you go to resell.

Reply to
Travis Jordan