Skim coating and Priming ceiling...

I scraped off my popcorn ceilings.... Do I prime before or after skim-coating ? I've read both opinions...

Scrape, sand, prime, skim, sand, prime, paint.

and

Scrape, sand, skim, sand, prime, paint.

Benefits for doing the extra prime ??

Reply to
Phil Dietz

As a follow up I found a great site about skim-coating. There's even an instructional video of sorts on the site.

Their magic trowel skim-coating tool looks very helpful.

The pre-skim-coating prime is needed for surfaces that are heavily damaged or questionable such as deep gouges, wallpaper damage, etc.

Reply to
Phil Dietz