Shuttle Fuel Tank Design.

I'll have to see what I can find on this...seems like some sort of non-destructive test could be used to eliminate voids if that were the root cause...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

In alt.home.repair on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:52:53 GMT "Dave" posted:

Right. Some girl on the radio thought of it too. So we know NASA thought of it.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

In alt.home.repair on Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:45:16 -0500 Duane Bozarth posted:

I heard on a news show, not sure which, either what he said or that air in the foam expanded and broke off pieces.

Now that I post, I'm not sure if this is the current foam or the earlier foam. Oops.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

Duane Bozarth wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@swko.dot.net:

I live in Orlando,and the local paper (Orlando Sentinel)has had some very detained articles on this subject.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote: ...

Are they online?

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Best one I've read so far.

CR

Reply to
CR

Duane Bozarth wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@swko.dot.net:

I haven't looked,but I suspect they are.

Jim Yanik

Likely. Notice it's not even holding up at 72 deg F.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner

Huh? What is a hairnet supposed to do?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Somehow I think they may have thought of it already. Just in case, though, give them a call. They'll probably be glad to hear from you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There is no reason for the fuel tank to be insulated AFTER liftoff, some designs purposely have the insulation fall off at ignition.

nick hull