Shop vac suction loss

I am having an issue with suction loss on my shop vac. I will be using it and it tips over and suction drops. This happens every time it tips over. If I take off the top motor and re-clamp to the base, the suction returns to normal. Any ideas what might be causing this?
Thnaks
On 5/21/2018 2:01 AM, cj wrote:

Tipping over. There is a ball that acts as a check valve when it is filled with water and tipping it makes it move to block. Either take out the ball or just stop tipping it.
On 05/21/2018 10:58 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[snip]

I used to have a little 1-gallon Shop-Vac. I didn't like it because it tipped over much too easily, losing suction every time. The bigger ones are more stable.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

... not my big stainless steel Stanley ! Top-heavy tippiest damn thing - wish I'd never seen it. John T.
On Mon, 21 May 2018 13:26:10 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Just do what I have been doing for years, put an old weight lifting plate in the bottom of the vacuum. Changes the center of gravity which makes it much more stable. One or two 10lbs. plates should do the trick.