Shoddy work, no permits, buildings collapsing

A mere 2,000 years after being built

"[ROME] Falling chunks of mortar from Rome's Colosseum has rekindled the debate about the state of the Italian capital's archaeological treasures -- some of which are literally falling apart."

At least they didn't use Chinese materials...

Reply to
HeyBub

Yup. Permits in Latin of course ........ after all they were built in

80 AD (A bit over 1900 years ago). Not sure anything we have built during the last 'few hundred' (well in case of North America only two hundred or so!) years, will last that long?
Reply to
terry

For those of you that worry about foundations, one of the tallest churches in the world is salisbury cathedral. There is so much stone in the spire 400 feet high that the lowest sections inside the church can be seen to bow. The foundation is 7 feet of gravel.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

I tried to sell them aluminum siding, but they did not go for it. It would really enhance the appearance of that old building.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

In a tacky 70s leisure suit, Gremlin in the driveway sense.

Reply to
gfretwell

Mebbe they should go down to the Vatican, and get the missing parts of the Colosseum back.

Reply to
aemeijers