Sewing Machine Advice Junki DLL8300N

thats alot for a Rowing machine

Reply to
m Ransley

I posted this in alt.sewing and no one is in. Someone here could probably advise me if Junki DLL8300N fully assemble for $595 is worth buying.

My wife needs a reliable industrial sewing machine, we really cannot afford a fancy expensive machine and any advice or suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Maryjoe

I think you mean "JUKI".

Juki makes a pretty good sewing machine. I've used them, and while I don't like them nearly as much as Brother industrials (to be fair, they don't cost nearly as much, either), I wouldn't turn one down if it was given to me. What's more important is can you get service for the machine where you live? The average commercial sewing machine head weighs in around 50 pounds, so shipping it somewhere to have it fixed will be massively expensive.

If there is a dealer nearby who can service the machine, you might also see what they have sitting around for sale. I picked up my Brother b550 for $811 *new*, and it's a far better machine than anything Juki has ever produced.

Good luck.

William Morris Tailor, Seamlyne reProductions Once upon a time, a.k.a. Solace the Shire Gravemaker, KCRF Visit our website,

for the most comfortable historically inspired clothing you can buy.

Reply to
William Morris

Wow, thanks for the correction. I make the same mistake in alt.sewing but corrected it before posting. I am desperate for advice that I forgot to check.

I will look around the Metro and see if I can get it service and check the prices here too. I am from the Midwest and shipping for this machine will be around $175 from NY.

Thanks for you suggestion and advice.

Reply to
Maryjoe

Is there some mental defect that afflicts people that makes them reluctant to explain what they're trying to accomplish when they ask questions, or are they just afraid that we'll suck their souls out if they share too much information?

Anyway.... what are you planning to do with the the thing? Do you want an industrial machine because you think they're better for heavy use, because you need a deep throat, or because you plan to be sewing through leather and other thick materials? Do you need a machine that will do tricks, like button-holes and zig-zag and programmable patterns, or will a machine that will does only straight stitches, but that will do them for 500 hours of continuous operation, through 14 oz leather work? Are you capable of doing any of your own maintenance and repair?

If all you're after is reliability, no, it's not worth it. You should just buy two elderly singers off ebay for a total of about half that asking price. (Anything beige, look for model number in the

500 range or lower)

--Goedjn

(I have a singer 404. I make tents with it. It will sew through a wooden ruler without blinking. It will also sew through your thumb without blinking. It cost me $100 bucks, including an initial cleaning.)

Reply to
default

I can understand when one seeking information and not telling too much. You should know by now, Internet can be extremely dangerous and sometimes fatal if you are not careful. We need not blare out every detail of what we are doing for the whole world to hear. :-)

My wife sews and sells simple everyday household stuff to supplement our income after her 8 to 5 job in the evening and weekend. It is an honest way of put foods on the table if I may add. Does that satisfy your curiosity? I am sure you are not interested in her $4.99 to $39.99 thingy?:-)

She sews light to medium duty materials. Deep throat, cuz makes it easy and will not crease the materials. No need tricks, buttons, zig-zag or programmable etc. Just a simple reliable and fast machine. I will try to repair if possible.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did a check Singer 404 and I think we will go ahead and buy the Juki (NOT Junki), unless we find a better alternative. I came to realize speed is important and the present Brother sewing is very slow and broke down twice (We bought an antique $60, Singer as a backup).

Thanks

Reply to
Maryjoe

I am sorry to hear that you will be losing your job shortly. Sad, many jobs are leaving offshore and may never return. Today, one needs to work hard to keep one job and harder to find another one. That is why my wife and I are supplement our income sewing and others thingy.

The machine we are buying is new and just wanna finds out more before we part our hard earn dollars. Thanks

Reply to
Maryjoe