Sears Kenmore 90 series (natural) gas drier problem

I have a Sears Kenmore 90 series (natural) gas drier.

It has been in use for 10 years

For some reason, the heater has stopped working So basically everything is cold when it's running

Is there a website to walk me through the process of figuring out what the problem is and possibly fixing it ?

Thanks

Reply to
D. A. Tsenuf

Head for repairclinic.com. Do what the man says. Good people. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

In my experience...the burner is not lighting because the "glo-bar" has cracked or broken. It is located close to the burner and is easy to spot.

Reply to
pheeh.zero

I also need a "How to get into your Sears Dryer for Dummies" manual, so that I can figure out where the "glo-bar" is located :-)

Reply to
D. A. Tsenuf

# # Head for repairclinic.com. Do what the man says. Good people. HTH #

Looked at the

site, but there is not direction on how to remove the front panel I'm sure it's simple and obvious once you know how, but there is too much possibility of doing it wrong and damaging something in the process of opening it up

Any suggestions ?

Reply to
D. A. Tsenuf

Look for screws on the bottom edge. If there are a couple, remove them and swing the bottom out. Can't say for sure, but many are put together like that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

-snip-

It's easy if you've done it before. I think your dryer will be this style-

At any rate- see the clips on the top of the front panel? [unplug things first- there are open wires and bare contacts exposed]

You just pry the top with a screwdriver- prop it up out of your way. Then you should be able to see a couple screws holding the front on. [5 hands and a rubber neck are helpful]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

check here for some help re opening cabinet remember that Sears/Kenmore dryers are made by Whirlpool

for part numbers or locations, go here for drawings and listings

Reed