Sealcoat a new driveway????

Guy that put mine in came back to seal it in 6 months. I have someone do it every two years now.

Asphalt is somewhat porous and if you do not keep it sealed constant freezing and warming will deteriorate it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Funny all the roads made of asphalt and they don't seal those. Sealing it may help, but I think it's mostly an aesthetics thing. I would agree with the ~ 6 months before sealing. Also depends on the weather, waiting longer won't hurt.

Reply to
trader_4