Roof vents

Perhaps a little more weight on the flapper.

Reply to
krw

I know you said that there are differences in the design of the 2 vents, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that the noise difference is related to the design change. It may be, but there are too may variables involved for you to make that call in the store.

In one case you are holding a vent in a store and listening from the outside of a vent that is not attached to anything.

In the other case, the vent is firmly attached to your roof, partially covered in shingles, and attached to a vent tube that could be transmitting the sound down into the room.

Stand next to a running car in your driveway, then pull it into a garage. I'm guessing that the car will sound louder in the garage for obvious reasons.

The only way to truly tell if the new vent is quieter than the old one is to place both vents in fairly identical locations, using fairly identical installation methods.

Reply to
DerbyDad03