[SOLVED] robert shaw thermostat says 'lo bat' but battery is fresh

replying to sofireme, MainframeSysop wrote: Not sure if this will help, but I have a TX1500uc / TX1500 Thermostat and the BATT LOW would not go away after placing fresh new batteries in the device. I took the batteries out, pressed and held the front buttons, pressed the RESET button inside the unit, even swapped the Elec/Gas jumper temporarily. Put everything back the way it was and popped the unit back on the wall and it was good.

Reply to
MainframeSysop

Bad news. The original thread goes back to 2007. The original poster never got a good answer so the heat never came on. He was found dead the following spring when his body thawed and started to smell.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Attn: Ed Pawlowski,

For what it's worth, I follow USENET groups with Mozilla's Thunderbird. The msg I replied to came in as a new message today, formatted on Thunderbird as:

***

replying to Bob M., Jim wrote: Temperature on thermostat is not accurate with room temperature. It will only read from 7 degrees to 31 degrees.

Reply to
Peter

I use Thunderbird portable. It also shows this: for full context, visit

If you follow it back you can see how old the thread is. They often pop up when someone on HH replies years later.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Even worse was his 218 Gerbils died during the same incident.

Reply to
Oren

+1

And you can probably change it to F in the settings.

Reply to
trader_4

New Duracell batteries will not work in thermostat but will in mag light. Guess I’ll have to purchase different brand

Reply to
charlestichenor64

Try cleaning the corroded contacts on your thermostat first.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I found a reset button on my 9600. Repat removing the batteries and hold reset button down for approximately 10 sec. Replace batteries and reprogram the thermostat.

Reply to
wredwood2

Omg this worked

Reply to