Ridgid Power Auger

I borrowed my inlaw the power auger to drain out the pipes. Here is my question:

How do you know when to stop ? How far the snake can go for the resident ?

TIA,

/KNguyen

Reply to
Kevin Nguyen

Are you going out to the street sewer?? Measure the distance to the curb/street and go no further. If tree roots are the problem, you can usually feel when the auger has passed thru them. You can also keep water flowing into the drain (if possible) and stop when the water no longer backs up in the drain.

Some augers are limited to ~75 feet of cable, some ~100 feet; really big ones can go even further.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim