Ridge vent & sophit water leaks in Florida

Hi,

I have an older relative that has ridge vents and expanded metal sophits on their house in Florida. The problem is, during Hurricane force storms, rain blows "sideways" into the vent structures. I would like to hear from anyone that has found good solutions to this problem.

Thank you

Reply to
Chambers

Hi,

I have an older relative that has ridge vents and expanded metal soffit on their house in Florida. The problem is, during Hurricane force storms, rain blows "sideways" into the vent structures. I would like to hear from anyone that has found good solutions to this problem.

Thank you

Reply to
Chambers