Repairing damaged prefinbished wood flooring

The few days of dripping water on my new wood floor, several boards have warped outside of the kitchen cabinets and the warping is noticeable. We didn't notice the buckling of the flooring sooner because I have had protective mats and cardboard over the floor to protect it during the renovations. The question is how to repair the floor. The flooring is from BR-111 prefinished mahogany. The installing contractor used glue and nails to install the flooring.

One option would be to remove the buckled flooring and place new boards in the removed spots. I know there are some draw-backs with that method. I was wondering if anyone has tried screwing the flooring back down from the subfloor below. If I drilled an oversize the hole through the subfloor to avoid the screw threads and a proper size starter hole into the flooring, could I pull the finish flooring back into place? Any suggestions would be helpful.

I contacted Jenn Air/Maytag to discuss the issue and they told me to contact my home owners insurance.

Reply to
mike60510

That is the best way.

Doubt it will work. Could be the sub-floor has warps also so check that out.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski