Repair termite damaged band joist

Hi.

Had a termite problem a few years back but solved it (leaky drain pipe near band joist and sill plate was providing water to them for years). We fixed the leak, exterminated the nest, and no sign of them for 3+ years now. Just getting around to fixing the part of the band joist they ate and what came loose with a screwdriver probe is about

2" square and right through the entire 2"x10" band joist. No access from the outside due to aluminum siding. I was thinking to use a few small chunks of wood and some wood filler or epoxy to fill the hole. Any recommendations, pros/cons? Thanks

Theodore

Reply to
millinghill