refrigerator runs

Gold Coast Carpet Cleaning is in Australia.

Do you think they would charge any extra to come to the USA to do this job?

Reply to
nestork

The appliance repairman came and checked out the refrigerator. He said the controls were set too low and backed them off. He also told us the ice maker water valve is not opening completely and that's why some of the ice is hollow. Repair cost for the ice maker is $183 so I told him to leave it alone. Service call is $76 but I haven't received a bill yet, even though I spoke to him on the phone the day after he came over.

I'm not entirely convinced the controls being set too low is the problem with the fridge but for now it has silenced the wife. Considering we have a trip to Las Vegas coming up I'm hoping the fridge lasts another year. It was manufactured in 1993 so it's done good so far.

This brings up another question: What exactly should be vacuumed and cleaned on a regular basis? Is it the condenser coils and fan or something else? These condenser coils are hard to get at even though they are underneath.

Reply to
badgolferman

Depending on the unit, it is the coils that are either on the back or under the unit. That is similar to a radiator of a car and if they get too dirty the efficency goes way down and can cause high pressure to build up in the system and cause major problems.

Instead fo vacuuming the coils, you can blow the dirt out,but it will make a mess.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

check out

tips and news on appliance repair from a reliable company in California.

Reply to
solesorry

The condenser coils can probably be reached underneath the front bottom cover/grill. And a cleaning brush used along with a vacuum cleaner will help. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas