REFERAL NEEDED: lawn and garden USENET group?

I have really appreciated being a part of this group for a few years now. S= ure, you get the occasional troll but I have gotten such great advice and g= uidance from so many that I've come to respect most folks' opinions here.

Which is why I am asking this group: do any of you read or participate in l= awn and/or garden care groups focused on natural growth and solutions (a.k.= a. "organic")? My wife and I are doing our ignorant best with a 35'x15' veg= etable garden and 2/3 acre yard bordered by a creek that feeds into the U.S= .'s "most endangered" (or "most polluted") river, the Potomac. We are highl= y conscious of not using franken-chemicals to drive pests out of the garden= or to beat back the crabgrass, dandelions, and that strange weed with the = little purple-ish flowers=85because every little bit we let into the creek = brings a little more harm to the Potomac and the Chesapeake Bay, one of the= most unusual bodies of water in the world.

So I would appreciate advice from this group of where to find credible peop= le (not the tin-foil brigade wingnuts) who can advise us on how to green-up= our thumbs.

Danke! Spasiba! =A1Gracias! Merci! Arigato! Terima kasi! Thanks!

Reply to
Kyle

Sure, you get the occasional troll but I have gotten such great advice and guidance from so many that I've come to respect most folks' opinions here.

and/or garden care groups focused on natural growth and solutions (a.k.a. "organic")? My wife and I are doing our ignorant best with a 35'x15' vegetable garden and 2/3 acre yard bordered by a creek that feeds into the U.S.'s "most endangered" (or "most polluted") river, the Potomac. We are highly conscious of not using franken-chemicals to drive pests out of the garden or to beat back the crabgrass, dandelions, and that strange weed with the little purple-ish flowers?because every little bit we let into the creek brings a little more harm to the Potomac and the Chesapeake Bay, one of the most unusual bodies of water in the world.

(not the tin-foil brigade wingnuts) who can advise us on how to green-up our thumbs.

The lawn group and rec.gardens on usenet are fairly active but if you want lots of organic dicussion you'll have to find a web forum as it'll be more focused towards your interest.

Ask in rec.gardens for a good couple of references to some web based forums...

Reply to
Duesenberg

[...]

County or state extension services can offer a wealth of useful information. Try this:

Bay Preservation and the Home Landscape

Reply to
Norminn

You're the one that doesn't want to use proven methods to achieve a given set of horticultural goals, and everyone else that does is a tin-foil wingnut?

I've got news for you pal.

You're going to end up failing miserably as various insects, fungus, and weeds thumb their nose at you and your "green" methods.

Learn how to use various over-the-counter herbicides and pesticides correctly and responsibly and you will have the garden you desire.

Reply to
Garden Man