recapturing dryer heat?

And all your tools in the room will rust out.

Reply to
Bob F

exchanger of any kind on their dryer

An exchanger does not vent indoors. That is the purpose, extract heat and still vent outside.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Ah, right. I should have said "fungating pustules, dripping sores, and rust."

Thanks for the correction.

Reply to
HeyBub

What "fumes?"

What's the difference between the output of a gas dryer and a natural gas space heater?

Reply to
HeyBub

Assuming he keeps the dryer door closed when not in use, where's the cold air going to go?

Reply to
HeyBub

Bob F wrote: ...

Somebody else mentioned a fan to move air over the existing duct -- I' think a combination of a larger piece of duct around the existing w/ an airflow down the resulting annulus would create a counterflow exchanger w/o having to worry about filtering lint nor the possibly excessive humidity.

$0.01, etc., etc., etc., ...

--

Reply to
dpb

I love it when everybody has such a fountain of advice that they've never actually tried. The anal vapor is overpowering.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Well, this last suggestion is actually something that IS used, very often, in another application. It is used on almost all certified light aircraft and many experimental aircraft to extract heat from the exhaust to warm the cabin and also provide carburetor heat.

Wrap a couple coil springs (like screen door springs) around the vent pipe, then wrap a sheet of aluminum around that to make a larger duct over top of the spring. Cut a hole in the middle of the outer skin and force air in or draw air out and the air will be heated by transfer from the inner "skin" to the spring and the outer "skin", and from all

3 to the air passing over.
Reply to
clare

sure. name one instalation.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

He just did!

Reply to
hrhofmann

He just did! ===================================

AZ Nomad belongs with the other dick-wavers over on alt.hvac.

Reply to
Existential Angst

AZ Nomad wrote: ...

Never heard of reheat cycle I take it???? :(

Just postulated a very simple implementation of concept.

"The Brayton Cycle with Regeneration, Intercooling, & Reheating Section 8.9-10 By: Denise Lane ME 372 Thermodynamics ... The Brayton Cycle with Regeneration

In gas-turbine engines, the temperature of the exhaust gas leaving the turbine is often considerably higher than the temperature of the air leaving the compressor. Therefore, the high-pressure air leaving the compressor can be heated by transferring heat to it from the hot exhaust gases in a counter-flow heat exchanger, which is also known as a regenerator or recuperator."

Reply to
dpb

No he didn't. He pulled out of his ass a bunch of bullshit.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

I gave you TWO very common uses of the "technology"

Reply to
clare

clare

Try putting on the clothes as soon as they come out of the dryer. The house may not be any warmer but you will be for a few seconds.

Reply to
tmurpha1hi

One is designed to exhaust outside? The other may or may not be.

Reply to
Bob F