Radon systems, max air removed little energy loss?

As a handyman I have noticed several Radon systems which seemed to exhaust large volumes of air from improperly sealed basements. When the house in question is heating or cooling this exhausted air is made up from outside air and increases the energy used for heating or cooling a house.

Can you give me an order of magnitude estimate of the amount of air removed on a yearly basis from the radon system costs say an extra hundred dollars in added heating and cooling costs? Does removing the volume of air in a house once add an extra dollar on average to heating and cooling a house?

I suspect many radon systems could use a tune up?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
andyeverett57

I know there are heat/cold recovery units. These units are not cheap, but they can help remove some of the heat from exhausted air that will pay for itself over time. Knowing where/how to spend your energy dollars can make a big difference, but I know folks who risk their health in order to save a few bucks.

Reply to
Phisherman