Question on what to put in A/C condenser unit to clean out drip line...

Why thank you, Daring one. That makes sense, as we bake bread all the time. Yeast. Gives me a whole different perspective... Makes me think of triclosan (sp?) which is the active ingredient in Lysol and anti-bacterial Palmolive. Whole different perspective indeed. Was wondering why the bleach didn't seem to cut the stuff, or at least not like I expected. Of course, chlorine is a biocide too, but still. No detergent. All kinds of ideas now. And I will definetely ask for such a strip/pad from the guy who is coming to look at it. Thank you very, very much.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Me and my friends use the strips and tablets all the time. Some of the manufacturers produce strips that contain a rubbery compound covered with woven Nylon or polyester that looks something like a sock. The strips are installed in the bottom of the condensate pan as far from the drain as you can get it, the strip will last longer because it's not under water and won't block the drain. The tiny amount of chemical leaching from the pad/strip is all that's needed to keep the condensate flowing through the trap and drain line. It's also effective if your system has an electric condensate pump.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Most of the time, condensor units don't have a drip line. What kind of AC is this?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It was originally a throw-together out of spare parts by the guy who lived here, who happened to sell and install A/C units. It has since been revamped and reworked, but I have no idea who's brand name it is. The house was a fixer-upper when we bought it, and we spent the first five years undoing what everybody else had been done to it. Now it's livable, and we are not halfway through yet.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I wouldn't worry about the bleach damaging the drip line. After all, it is sold in plastic bottles.

Reply to
Larry W

Good point. :)

Reply to