Question about the law.

Did all of those mayors and police department charge the protestors for Covid social distancing and mask violations?

I guess we do have a right to assemble, and the right to choose whether to wear a mask or not as long as we are NOT peacefully going about our business.

Reply to
gfretwell

Some of them do appear to be more concerned about social distancing than about the looting, rioting and destruction. de Blasio is a good example. As I see it, with all the other displays of lack of social distancing, eg packed beaches and bars in some places, the riots are just one more component, but I don't see them obsessing so much over the other examples that in pure numbers, have to be way larger across the whole country.

Reply to
trader_4

Considering a large number of these people are in the prime demographic for Covid, they should be more concerned

Reply to
gfretwell

I doubt it since Lafayette Park is federal property managed by the US Park Police and the Department of the Interior. (who work directly for the Executive Branch)

I guess the other question is whether those protestors were violating curfew. That would change the narrative a little wouldn't it?

Reply to
gfretwell

Not very much, actually.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

They were not violating curfew when the police went after them and started gassing them, it was before 7PM. Even if it was after 7PM, to do that to peaceful protesters, when the country has serious rioting and looting, what kind of message does that send from the president who was claiming to be their ally, while he was having them gassed?

I see one of Trump's great generals who Trump spoke very highly of, General Mattis, just called out Trump for what he's been doing. He said that Trump is the first president in his lifetime that divides Americans instead of bringing them together, he's a threat to the Constitution and what we are witnessing is the result of 3.5 years of Trump.

Reply to
trader_4