question about 300ft long wiring run

OBTW, you could put a remote disconnect and then run #10 to the actual connections. It (the wiring, not the motor that has its own) can be protected at the local with just a disconnect remote/near the motor if it's sized for the ampacity of the load which 10 will carry; you just need the larger in this case because it's a motor to avoid the voltage drop for startup.

Reply to
dpb

I may be way off base here, but have you looked into keeping the compressor close to the power source and running 300 feet of air line to the aerator?

This company says their aerators can be operated with 1,000 ft of air tubing.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

You have problems with long air lines just like long electrical lines and the answer is the same, bigger pipe.

Reply to
gfretwell

Not practical in my case... i'm feeding 4 aerator heads from this one compr essor. That would be a lot of hose spidering off in many directions.

Besides, my calcs show the voltage drop to be very small; the running curre nt is 6amps meaning startup current is maybe 18amps (well within a 10awg br eaker's capacity), and (unless I'm missing something) no respondant has rai sed a serious technical concern.

-Theodore.

Reply to
millinghill