PSA - wall warts using power when they're not being used (still plugged in)

He_4 seems confused about trumpolitics but otherwise seems very untelligent.

Reply to
devnull

Considering the source I take it as a badge of honor to be included, and would have felt shortchanged had I been omitted.

Reply to
Roger Blake

I've been on/off/on his list and am currently - already for a rather long time - off it. What am I doing wrong!?

BTW, it's kind of funny - in a sad, pathetic way - that some of the real trolls (/creeps) are not on his list. Something about keeping company?

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

Hi Carlos, At the risk of feeding you common trolls, I will assume you own an adult mind, where the trolls like you post _zero_ value.

All I have to do is point to the posts in this thread from you, and the other common trolls, which prove that fact.

All you _can_ do, Carlos, is post worthless drivel of no adult value. o You prove it EVERY time you posted in this thread, Carlos.

Every single time.

And you _continue_ to prove you can't add any adult value to this thread.

Of course, the fact I simply point to your own words, you consider an "attack", which, you have to admit, is how your sick brain works.

a. I post something of potential value b. You post nothing of any value (you actually can't post any value!) c. You trolls outnumber the adults 100 to 1.

The good news is that I never feed you trolls in threads that I don't care about coming to any adult useful valuable conclusion, so you worthless common trolls are free to troll the world.

Why do you troll, Carlos? I don't know why.

I think there may be two reasons: a. You don't have the mental capability to add any technical value, and, b. You post on Usenet merely for your own personal amusement.

Certainly you've proven me correct in this thread on both counts.

The good news is that responding to you common trolls in _this_ thread, doesn't really ruin the thread any more than you common worthless trolls listed below have already ruined the thread.

It's like you're all fifth grade boys who plop your poop in the floor of the girls bathroom as your shining contribution to Usenet of your actual value.

You enjoy the attention.

Reply to
Arlen _G_ Holder

Hi Frank,

You and Carlos and nospam are all in the same category. o Even Dan Purgert is in the category that you share with them.

All of you sometimes (but very rarely) act like adults on Usenet. o Most of the time all of you act like children on Usenet.

The post I'm responding to of yours, for example... o Was clearly written by a fifth grader.

I'm not sure yet where all you guys come from, but I wonder if the educational system where you come from is _different_ somehow, from our American system.

In the USA, if you go to a class or if you work in a company (not the government, but a startup in the Silicon Valley), trolls like Ed Pawlowski wouldn't last, oh, a couple days.

They'd be wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME (they can't ever add value). o Most of the listed trolls are like Ed Pawlowski - devoid of any value.

But the four of you are in a _different_ category, Frank: o Frank Slootweg o nospam o Carlos o Dan Purgert

Sometimes, you actually do add value. o But most of the time, what you write is of negative value.

Hence, the handful of you would _still_ never make it in any graduate school (that's how I know you all lack formal education), and certainly, none of you would survive the first week in a Silicon Valley startup.

Its shocking, but worthless trolls like you, Frank, can actually add value (e.g., as you did with the Samba/CIFS & FTP & WebDAV discussions).

What's sad is you play silly semantic games (as you did with Usenet headers, Frank).

And, what's interesting, actually, is the trolls below are clearly trolls simply proven by pointing to what they themselves wrote in this very thread, and yet, you trolls call EVERYONE ELSE the trolls.

I find that kind of amusing. o If it wasn't so sad.

Reply to
Arlen _G_ Holder

What makes you think you can or even should try to control anybody else's behavior but your own?

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

[About me and some others:]

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I worked for a Silicon Valley company for 35 years, so there you go!

After those years, I was so filthy rich that I could and did retire.

Must have been a bunch of morons, paying me all that money for my incompetency!

I'm sure they're so disappointed about their stupidity, now you've set them straight about what a loser I *really* am/was!

So apparently your "American [educational] system" creates morons who hire incompetent losers! You said it, not me.

[...]
Reply to
Frank Slootweg

He truly is a jerk that cannot accept any criticism. His original post was worth discussing but he turned it into a pissing match.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Hi Frank,

You own an imaginary belief system if you fail this simplest test of facts o Name just one

You can 'say' you worked for a Silicon Valley company, Frank, but the fact you didn't add _any_ value in this thread is still a fact I can point to.

And I can point to _plenty_ of threads, Frank, where you added zero value. o In fact, I can't find a _single_ thread you authored Frank, where you added value to either of these two newsgroups, Frank.

Let's see if that's a fact, Frank, that you _never_ authored a single thread in either of these two newsgroups, Frank, that added any value.

Can you point to _any_ thread, Frank, where you authored it, and it contained any on-topic technical value in either of these two newsgroups?

If you can't point to even a _single_ thread you've authored, in your entire life, Frank, that added on-topic technical value, then what does that make of your claim that you actually are smart enough to work at a Silicon Valley company Frank?

Here, in San Jose, people like you wouldn't last a week, Frank. o All I have to do is point to _your_ posts, to prove you can't add value.

Name a _single_ thread you've authored, Frank, in these ngs, in your life, o That added any on-topic technical value to the newsgroup.

Name just one.

Reply to
Arlen _G_ Holder

Hi Ed Pawlowski,

You common cowardly trolls don't appear to be educated in the least, such that you will fail this simplest of all basic tests of adult belief systems, Ed Pawlowski.

All I have to do is point to what _you_ write, to prove that a fact. o But, I'll ask anyway - since your answer will prove the point more so.

Name a _single_ thread you've authored, Ed Pawlowski, in these two ngs, in your _entire_ life, that added _any_ on-topic technical value?

In your _entire life_ Ed, name a thread you authored that added value. Name just one.

Reply to
Arlen _G_ Holder

Can you please cut the booze!?

Name just one *what*?

Don't answer that one. It's one of them rethorical thingies. I/we know full well that - as usual - you dodge and deflect, because that's all you (can) do.

So we see once more that one of your non-arguments - this time about (y)our educational systems - falls flat on its face. What's new!? :-(

Why the scare quotes? Don't believe me? Google broken?

[More dodging, deflecting and dishonest silent snipping deleted.]

My employer was (and is) all over Silicon Valley - including San Jose (that's were I took our company jet) -, the Bay Area and the US.

AFAIK, 35 years is a tad over "a week", but being an incompetent loser, what do *I* know!?

Oh, please *do* point them to my responses to your posts. I'm sure they can do with a laugh. Especially now there's rumour they (well, part of 'they') might be taken over.

[More dodging, deflecting and dishonest silent snipping deleted.]

Oops! Nothing left!

I'm so sorry that me working for 35 years for a Silicon Valley company causes you so much distress. But I always post facts, so it can't be helped.

What about you? Are you ever truthful without dodging and diverting? If so, just cite one such event. o Name just one

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

Nah, that would be too easy. Want me to go away? Simple. I've told you what will make me stop. Just stop denigrating others. Just STFU about people you consider inferior. You can't do it. You have to show off your perceived superiority and what you think is knowledge others do not have.

I'm a pretty honest guy, really. I don't like your attitude. I don't like the way you talk down to people. Stick to the subject, do not criticize other and you won't hear a word from me. Simple. But you don't have the will power. You get your rocks off keeping a spreadsheet of those that question anything you say.

I've learned a lot from people here and I've contributed what I know to help others. I'm not going to look up anything to satisfy your childish demands. I'm secure about myself and don't have to prove myself like you do.

Stop being a nasty old man and you won't hear from me.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yep, you took the risk and lost. Never assume. Smart people know that.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Who is whining like a fifth grader? Arlen G is. You just have to criticize others don't you?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hi Ed Pawlowski & the other common trolls, who posted negative value.

Like hoard of gnats, you descended upon this Usenet picnic, such that, it's _already_ ruined, and was ruined, the instant you trolls showed up.

Nothing I could do could resurrect the value of the thread o Once you common worthless trolls infested it.

This isn't my first rodeo with you common worthless trolls on Usenet. o Normally I don't feed you so you troll threads all day every day

The fact is that I always ignore you when you troll other threads.

It's only when you troll threads that I care come to fruition that I have to decide whether to point out that you trolls never add any value Ed Pawlowski.

Obviously, you trolls who infested this thread _already_ ruined the potluck, where my pointing out to you that you're utterly worthless as human beings, doesn't add any additional value, I agree.

But once you infested any thread, it was _already_ ruined, Ed Pawlowski.

I point out, for the permanent Usenet record, and for your kids, grandkids, and their kids to revel in, that you, Ed Pawlowski, failed the simplest test of being an adult who "can" add value to _any_ Internet topic on these newsgroups.

You failed this simple test, which posterity will permanently preserve: o Ed Pawlowski - name once in your _entire_ life, where you've authored a thread to this newsgroup that contained even a single iota of on-topic technical value.

I asked you the simplest question of the simplests test, Ed Pawlowski... o Name just one

You failed.

Which proves, beyond doubt, you are nothing but a worthless troll Ed Pawlowski, who isn't an adult, and, worse, who has never in his entire life opened a thread that added _any_ on-topic technical value to this ng.

All I need to do is point to exactly what you wrote in this thread o To prove you are worthless and of absolutely zero value to Usenet

You somehow feel that's fact is a putdown - but - it's simply a basic fact. o All I need to do is point to EXACTLY what you wrote Ed Pawlowski.

You consider what YOU WROTE to be a put down. o Which, you have to admit, is pretty funny.

If it wasn't so sad.

You hate the fact that you have never once added value, Ed Pawlowski. o But the fact you hate that you're a troll, Ed Pawlowski o Doesn't change the fact that we proved you're nothing but a common troll.

You don't have the education nor the brains to be able to add any value. o You prove that is a fact ... every time you post, Ed Pawlowski.

I simply point the permanent Usenet record to EXACTLY what you post, Ed.

Reply to
Arlen _G_ Holder

Hi Ed Pawlowski,

You are a mere child, who has _never_ even once in your entire life, authored a thread of any on-topic value on this newsgroup.

You call me a "nasty old man" simply for proving this is a fact o Simply by pointing to EXACTLY WHAT YOU WROTE in this thread, Ed.

You'll note that I never confront you cowardly worthless trolls o In threads that I don't author (where you troll away every day).

Notice, I don't feed you cowardly worthless trolls, Ed Pawlowski o Until you infest a thread where I'm trying to be purposefully helpful

You seem to dislike that what you write proves that you are a worthless common troll, and you seem to believe that the fact I simply point to exactly what you write proves you are a common worthless troll, is, somehow, an indiation of something.

It's not.

It's simply pointing to EXACTLY what you write, Ed Pawlowski o That's all I need to do to prove you are a common worthless troll.

In your entire life, you've never even once added a thread of on-topic technical value to either of these newsgroups, Ed Pawlowski.

That's a fact. o You hate the fact you add zero value o But the fact you hate that fact doesn't change that it's a fact.

Reply to
Arlen _G_ Holder

Very eloquently spoken.

I don't troll other threads. I add value. I told you I only come after you when you show your bitter nasty side and denigrate others. I've explained that to you often. If you stick to the subject I do not reply to you. Simple.

Right, ruined by you and your denigration of others.

My permanent record makes good reading. Probably a good movie but you'd have to clean it up to get an R rating.

Oh my, that hurt my feelings and is a blow to my self esteem. Maybe therapy will help?

Sad? You must have looked in a mirror.

I quited skool in fifth grade. Lerning made mi brane hert.

Yes, you will be judged. You know how to stop it but do not have the self control to do so.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Check the mirror.

Wrong, you are why I reply. All you have to do is stop, but you cannot stop. You have to get the last word.

You've said that many times. Come up with something new.

I hate nothing. Not even you. I look at you as a comic diversion. Well, gotta go, time for dinner and watch the news.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm not offering a more recent one. It would be handly if I knew one to offer, but I don't. So you'll have to do your own homework. Sorry.

But it is correct and fair of me to point out that the report you cited is too out of date to be applicable today, given the rate of technological progress in that area.

Davie

Reply to
David Higton

Hi Frank,

Grow up. I realize you're uneducated; so I can cut you some slack.

But the fact you have no education doesn't mean you have to always post worthless off-topic drivel, where you've never even once added on-topic technical value to any thread you've authored to this newsgroup in your entire life, Frank.

You hate the fact that you add zero value. o It's likely because you're uneducated.

But why do you insist on proving that with _every_ post, Frank Slootweg?

Notice the silly childish games _you_ just played Frank, not me. o I posted something with the intention of being purposefully helpful. o You trolled this thread with your incessant worthless trolls: Message-ID: snipped-for-privacy@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

o I simply pointed to your own EXACT words, Frank Slootweg.

You argued that your worthless drivel was not a troll, Frank. o And yet, it was.

Worse, you can't find a _single_ thread you've created in your entire life, Frank Slooweg, on these two newsgroups, where you've _ever_ added adult on-topic technical value.

You can hate the fact that it's trivial to prove all you _can_ do, Frank, is troll, but it doesn't change the fact, Frank, that all you can do, is troll.

You hate me simply for pointing to EXACTLY what YOU write, Frank. o That's what is so sad about you common worthless trolls Frank Slootweg.

Frank, The question was simple.

My premise is clear.

I should not need to repeat a premise that simple & obvious, Frank.

You have never once, in your _entire_ life Frank Slootweg, ever opened a thread, like I did here, Frank, which is why it matters, that added even a single iota of adult on-topic technical value to this newsgroup.

Because if you did, you'd be able to point to it, Frank. o And you can't.

Because it doesn't exist, Frank.

I gave you the chance to prove you're not a worthless troll, Frank. o And failed this simplest of basic tests, Frank, of an adult.

Frank, The _huge_ difference between me, and you worthless trolls... o Is that my threads add on-topic technical value.

For example: o Cut and paste Hello World tutorial for Android/Windows

o Genymotion Android emulator tutorial

o How to use Windows to populate your Android phone with hundreds of apps without ever enabling Google Play (or F-Droid)

o Tutorial to run any Windows command directly on Android over either USB or Wi-Fi

o Simultaneously slide Windows Linux iOS Android files back and forth over USB at 7GB per minute speeds using 100% native devices (no proprietary software needed)

o FYI ... it takes google only about 1.5 months to fix errors in their online map routing directions

etc.

It takes me seconds to name those threads I authored, to this newsgroup, which added on-topic technical value, Frank Slootweg.

And yet, in your _entire_ life, you can't name a single time when you have posted a thread of on-topic technical value to this newsgroup.

Think about that, Frank Slootweg. o Think about how that fact proves you're a worthless childish troll, Frank. I suspect you never got your high school equivalency degree, but all I really know is that what you write proves that is a distinct fact.

And yes, Frank, you incessantly trolled _those_ threads with your incessantly worthless childish drivel, Frank Slootweg.

Reply to
Arlen _G_ Holder