Problem with cigarette smoke

:-)!!

Steve

Reply to
Steven Bornfeld

They're tied up even when they're not filming.

Steve

Reply to
Steven Bornfeld

I seriously doubt that smoke travels THROUGH the walls, but easily through small gaps between structural members. Just caulking baseboards and plumbing/elect. openings should help.

An example of fumes traveling: our condo was being pressure washed using a gas compressor. AC intake was at the opposite end of the building. We had an old and forgotten CO detector in our laundry room. The CO detector went off! Only entry possible at the time was under closed front doors.

Reply to
Norminn

I don't deny the hazards of smoking cigarettes, BUT...people really,really obsess about it while they ignore entirely (and to their peril) all the other s--- dumped in the air and water. There used to be a website to look up the polluters by zip code and find out the type and amount of pollutants they put out. A cozy fire in the fireplace will kill someone, too.

Reply to
Norminn

Honest? Where?

I've been aware of my tobacco allergy as long as I can remember.

.

And the reason I asked is that I've met countless people, literally hundreds, who make the same claim but are lying.

It's refreshing to meet an honest person.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Steve would need the positive pressure, then.

.

:-)!!

Steve

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If I didn't have my radon fan on, I could add the effect of smoking an additional two packs a day, or more.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

If you run a high output ozone machine for an hour, it's going to be more like one to two hours minimum before you can enter.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Sorry pal, I've never sucked on a tailpipe and never intend to. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Believe it or not, smoke bombs are sold at most HVAC supply houses. Whenever I use one to check anything for air leaks, I always call the fire department first and talk to a boss and see if he wants to have a fire marshal on hand. There are times when it's advisable to contact the 911 service through the non-emergency number and talk with a supervisor before causing a public panic and something as simple as notifying the neighbors is advisable to keep from freaking them out. Heck, I had a little old lady across the street from a customer call the police when I was doing a compressor swap. Of course I had the new compressor in a box along with all the tools which is something a copper thief will not have. I thanked the officer for looking out for my customer and there was no problem. He even talked to the little old lady neighbor and told her everything was OK. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 07:29:01 -0500, Norminn wrote Re Re: Problem with cigarette smoke:

Indeed. And they live in Brooklyn New York City. Have you ever been in Brooklyn? The entire borough smells worse than cigarette smoke.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

If you drive a car you are putting poison into the air ;o)

Reply to
Norminn

If I eat beans, I always wind up emitting greenhouse gasses. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Darn, that explains it! My late mother grew up in Brooklyn. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I wonder if we can make tail pipe sucking a fad, and kill off a few worthless eaters?

.

Sorry pal, I've never sucked on a tailpipe and never intend to. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've seen the smoke bombs also for sale at farm and garden places. Supposed to get Mr. Woodchuck (groundhog) out of the hole. I've tried those, and also highway road flares, but didn't see Chucky stick a nose out.

I've not heard of someone call the cops on a compressor swap. Makes sense, though. I'm sure the van full of tools and the signage helped keep you out of prison.

.

[...]

Wrong tail pipe.

.

If I eat beans, I always wind up emitting greenhouse gasses. o_O

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I am allegic to tobacco smoke and even people who have been around smokers stink.

best to open all the adjacent spaces and closed cell foam everything

Reply to
bob haller

Hyperbolic bullshit.

Reply to
krw

Killjoy.

So, how much did you get for the engine?

Reply to
krw