Pool cover questions

House we bought a year ago had a cover air pump made by Air Lok to keep the cover inflated to sluff off leaves. Not knowing any better that same cover was used last Fall and is showing problems not seen last season. Apparently the material stretches and the pump has difficulties getting it up for taught contours. Cold nights cause the cover to sag until the sun warms the air entrapped and if there is any rain water puddles form and the air pump has no way of getting the cover up to sluff off the puddles forcing using the shop vac to make things right.

Is this type of cover necessary in a wooded environment? We have a sweet gum tree near the pool and the seed balls are a real pest! Other pools in the area don't have any cover as they lack trees in the area. Are there other covers that might be more optimum than Air Lock? Is the life span of the cover material really only one season? Had considered a sump pump for getting the water out but searching the net lacks specificity in what the different pumps need and will due. Our first experience with built in pools. About 16' X 32' if that makes any difference. Comments welcomed.

Reply to
nospambob

No, but it helps keep out debris

Sure there are but right now you have a decent cover if you are looking to get rid of it then there are plenty of other covers out there including Loop-Lop permenant safety covers

or you can just use a tarp or standard pool cover and weight it down with water bags that you can find at any local pool store.

Well thats one reason, also it is able to hold the weight of large objects such as adults or children.

If you have more questions you can email me at snipped-for-privacy@niagarapool.com or visit

Your Local Pool Guy