Peanut allergy treatment 'in sight'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46259123
Why aren't the US peanut growers paying for this? Why is the cost of peanut allergies being born by the NHS?
Put a bloody tariff on these nasty legumes! The Yanks have been getting away with peddling this crap for too long. Stop the subsidy!
Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.
--
p-0.0-h the cat

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:26:51 +0000, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"

They have figured out peanut allergy is caused by kids not being exposed to peanuts as a kid. The older they get, the worse the reaction. Ever wonder why you can't drink the water in 3d world countries but it doesn't bother them at all? THey have just built up an immunity. We are creating a species that will be allergic to all sorts of things with the antiseptic world we are creating.

It isnt completely clear that that is the problem. It could also just be that those in the third world where we don't see much in the way of food allergys is just because they do mostly have intestinal worms and we don't anymore.
On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 19:37:34 +0000, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"

American kids always seem to have peanut butter around but I never was a peanut butter and chocolate guy so that candy was safe around me. There also used to be a can of peanuts around when I got older and we had them roasted in the shell as long as I can remember. You get to the point where you can just roll that shell between your thumb and fingers, ejecting the nuts into your mouth and letting the shell fall away.

Our mothers were good as she let us play in the dirt. Never cared how dirty you were when coming home. Just get home at the right time!
--
Tekkie

On 11/23/18 1:47 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
irty

"Grok", my favorite cave man, ate dirt. Probably not a good idea considering today's dirt.
Also there is some evidence emerging that walking barefoot in the dirt will turn off allergies to pollens.
With the advent of antibiotics, our microbiome took are real hit. Antibiotics do have their place, but they are way, way over prescribed, with devastating consequences.