OT two people in the cockpit

That's not practical, but what they coudl do is move the door from right behind the navigator back to just in front of the rear galley. Then all the passengers will be in the cockpit with the pilots. They can sing songs.

Reply to
micky

I don't think that's jingoism.

Jingo: 1) a person who professes his or her patriotism loudly and excessively, favoring vigilant preparedness for war and an aggressive foreign policy; bellicose chauvinist.

Reply to
micky

I left it out but... Stewardesses are probably a lot easier to knock out, but.... Look out that window! and while his back is turned, hit him over the head with a wrench. No guns in the cockpit afaik, but there must be something hard and heavy to use.

Yeah, I know this doesn't happen often, and I know a 2nd person will help if the pilot keels over dead. I'm just saying that a 2nd person won't help or won't help much if the pilot wants to crash the plane. It's another example of "Let's do something" even if it won't help.

Reply to
micky

In the land of the free, citizens carry handguns and can shoot back, if needed. Boston, uh, well, maybe not. Same with PRNY and wash DC.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe it's not as bad an idea as you think. The USA is a big country, with lots of major airlines, more flights than any other country in the world. We haven't had a single case where a nut job pilot crashed the plane, deliberately killing everyone. So, maybe our procedures and systems are better. It's becoming more obvious that this pilot was never fit to have had a medical certificate or job at an airline and that Lufthansa knew it. IDK what the aviation compensation laws are in Europe, but this kind of gross negligence case could be a whopper.

Reply to
trader_4

Per Ashton Crusher:

Harks back to Accounting 101: try to construct a system where at least two people have to cooperate in order to steal anything.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per micky:

Good catch, thanks for he correction.

I have a bad habit of arriving at definitions through context and not by actually looking stuff up.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

That's because nutjobs in the US aren't pilots so much, but they are posters to Usenet.

Reply to
micky

From what I read this morning, the guy took a couple of breaks from training due to his problems, depression, and the like. People like that should not be entrusted with the lives of others.

The compensation laws seem to make the airline liable too. You'd think this would have been noticed as he had medical notes to not work. The airline already said they would be paying some compensation.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Probably wouldn't be as much of a pit either....

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Females can't go in a cockpit!

If they did, it would no longer be a COCKpit !!!! :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist......

Reply to
Jerry.Tan