(OT) Portable USB drive (makes no sense)

[snip]

FAT32 allows up to 2TB (possibly more with larger sectors). FAT will waste a lot of space when formatted to near maximum capacity (large clusters), and your format program may refuse to allow this.

IIRC, I've heard of Windows having problems with multiple partitions on a removable drive.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Center posted, as a courtesy.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
[snip]

[snip]

This may be the first time I've seen a reply in the middle of a WORD of the quoted text.

Reply to
Sam E

That's just the Stormin' Moron seeking attention .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Yes, but it won't write to it without it has some additional (non-Apple) software. A modern Mac can read and write FAT (including FAT32), exFAT, and HFS+ (its native file system).

Reply to
Neill Massello