OT, ‘Love Boat’ Sails Off to the Junkyard

Bye Bye Love Boat. sniff :~(

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sad ending

Did you see this link at the bottom?

Ed Pawlowski

I heard that on the radio last night. I am sad, loved that TV show. Some how, everyone managed to find someone to love. And usually with a plot twist, they found the person who was there already.

Always a happy ending.

. Christ> Bye Bye Love Boat. sniff :~(

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"at the bottom". Ed, your talent for dry humor is giving me a sinking feeling. Boat, you new that.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I would learn all the Chinese cuss words just to have seen that happen in real time. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

If Wai Tu Lo landed the Korean plane off the runway, what's the name of the Chinese fellow who launched the sinking boat?

Wi Sunc?

. Christ> >> Did you see this link at the bottom?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A TV station reported that the boat's designer was named Yoo Soon Wet.

Reply to
Neill Massello

The only cruise I went on, was a small ship. It was more of a singles cruise. Other than larger rooms, I don't think I would want one of the now, very large ships. My cruise in 1986 was fun, and you could many of the same faces every day. It was an old boat. I went to the radio room, and saw a guy using a straight key for morse, another looking on. Light bulb attached to antenna transmission line, flashing morse.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I'm pleased someone out there has a sense of humor.

. Christ> Storm>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Having lived in the Bay Area for years, actually sitting in the newsroom back when McCormick(sp?) was there, and bristling at the way US 'news' is presented today. It was very funny to find that Channel 2 actually duplicated the first episode of "Just Shoot Me"

The humor was lessened when remembering how many people died, especially saddening: the lady survivor who was hit/run over and killed by the emergency crews upon their arrival.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I had thought about taking a cruise until I found out what they were really like. You don't see anything. You stop at a port and go to the local souvenir stands and back to the ship. No in depth visit to see what the place is really like.

My niece wanted us to go on a cruise in Europe. Ten days on the ship but only about 42 hours on land. You stopped at a couple of ports in Italy but had to be back to the ship well before dinner time. I want real Italian dining, not cruise ship food a couple of miles off shore.

When we go to Italy, we spend two weeks renting a villa and spend time amongst the locals. Much more interesting.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

My maternal relatives are from New York via Naples, Italy so what part of Italy do you regularly visit? My Italian ancestors took a one way cruse to America. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

My wife's father is from Paterno, near Cosenza in the southern part. We spent some time there and want to go back again.

We usually go for a week each in two locations. Last trip was Rosana, outside of Florence, Santa Maria de Castelebate on the shore south of Naples.

Click on more photos and the fourth down was our apartment

Close to Amalfi, Salerno, Paestum, Pompeii

We stayed here on two different trips

From here, it is a short trip to Pisa, Sienna, Asissi. Nice drive on the Futa Pass to Bolognia.

We've also been to Venice twice for a couple of days each time. Nice, but expensive and probably won't go back as we saw the highlights.

We usually have coffee/tea and maybe an egg for breakfast, then head out for the day. Lunch is our big meal of the day as a nice restaurant. Then we go back to the villa and dinner is usually couple of salamis, cheese, bread, and the mandatory bottle of wine. I enjoy shopping for those things at the local stores.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I wish I had been able to visit Europe. I did get to work out in the Pacific and see some amazing things and I did stay in Mexico for a while. I also got to see the foreign country of Californiastan while I worked for an electrical contractor traveling from San Diego to North of San Francisco. It's such a shame the way it's inhabitants are treating such a beautiful and fertile country. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I recently spent a week in Tuscany and another week wandering around other parts of Italy. Hey, "fast food" over there is better than "Olive Garden" !

We're getting ready next year to take our parents on a River Cruise in eastern Europe. Because of their age, cars and trains are not appropriate. But I'm really tempted to take my bicycle and meet them in every port. :-)

Reply to
Wes Groleau

Interesting you mention that. Silicon Valley, that wall to wall city from San Francisco to San Jose, is buillt on the MOST fertile soil in the world, and thick, something like 10 to 40 feet thick I was told. Maybe someday we'll get hungry enough and tear all that down to grow food, eh?

Reply to
RobertMacy

Well heck, the mines of the future are today's landfills. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas