OT. John Adams and Football

One newscast I saw had to mention it was the first Super Bowl with 2, count 'em, 2 black starting quarterbacks. Kansas City won by the way on a field goal in the last 8 seconds of the 4th quarter.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I did watch being so close to Philly and hearing the frenzy on all their TV stations. Thought the Eagles got screwed on two calls against them. I missed the black national anthem that was on a half hour before the game started. The half time show was awful. Singer grabbing her crotch did not bother me but rest was not entertaining.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

There was a story showing a guy who has been to all of the Super Bowls. His string was almost broken when he showed up for this last one without a ticket. Some corporate type heard about this and got one for him. The man said he has all of the ticket stubs and programs. That's a good chunk of change he's spent over the years.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

At least he saved from $ 3000 to $ 6000 on that Super Bowl. I am sure he could have gotten one if he would have paid that much. .

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Some do really good things for others. Examples

Who knows how many put in $ for some sort of established charity? Famous people are in a bit of a quandary. Christians aren't supposed to run around bragging about how charitable or good they are. Yet, a famous person endorsing some good cause can encourage a lot of us common folk to throw in a few of our dollars.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman