Someone already gave you the correct answer regarding tzedit, it's here:

From: Seth Goodman Message-ID: "Did you also change your current time zone in "Date/Time" to something other than your current time zone, then change it back?

Tzedit changes your registry settings, but in order to get those changes re-read into the OS, it's necessary to change your time zone in "Date/Time" in the Control Panel to something different, than change it back.

It's all explained here:

"

Good luck, and remember to charge your fluxcapacitor.

Reply to
Sock Puppet

Anybody can make a mistake. Why would anyone think this is anything other than doing things earlier?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Mark Lloyd inspired greatness with:

It has something to do with play with solstice times. It artificially extends working hours to late into the night, you know -when it gets dark at 9:00 PM as opposed to 8:00 PM, the great minds figure more productivity can be garnered because the morning light is still @ ~~

6:00 AM (when the rooster c*ck-a-doodle-dooes).

Myself, I am more likely to work till 7 or 8 PM because there is more light-- It's a psychological thing- I want to be home before it's too dark, and since I don't punch a time clock - I get more productive daylight hours. In the winter, I want to be home by 6:00PM - because it's dark by then.

Reply to
Sock Puppet

No. If I had done that, it wouldn't have blanked out the settings for my actual time zone.

That's the sort of thing I was trying to accomplish by turning off and on the DST adjustment. That's the reason I tried that.

Thanks.

Hmmm. These are some webpages I looked at before I posted. They are specifically for win98 and don't bother to mention this what you said. But I did what they said and it hasn't worked yet.

Hmmm. Now Atomic Clock Sync says I'm on Daylight time, so it's too late to do anymore testing without twice as much effort. Thanks though.

I'm tired. One is enough. :)

Reply to
mm

I may be mistaken but I am not confused. Do you see the difference?

Do you really think it possible that I haven't figured out "any of this"?

I hate to tell you this but there is only one new thing in the post that follows and it may well be irrelevant.

Someone already said that.

The first post was meant to be humorous. Please see the Subject.

I know. I read his post, and I've replied to it. It came out after my post that you are answering.

You felt the need to repost 7 lines of it? Somehow you really annoy me.

Reply to
mm

Now wait a minute. If you follow the way it was explained to me, Daylight Savings Time works like a bank. In the spring and summer you change the clocks in order to deposit time into a savings account. The government keeps the records about how much time is deposited into the account, so we dont all have to keep record books. Then comes winter, and the clocks are set back. Thats when the time from our time savings account is withdrawn. Everyone knows that winter is always much longer than summer, and seems to drag on forever. This is why. All the time savings from summer are used in the winter, so the winters are longer. That's the reason its called Daylight SAVINGS Time, because it works just the same as a SAVINGS Account. I just wish they would use the savings time in the summer so winter was not so long. But as always, the government always does things back assward.

Jay Rome

Reply to
jayrome

Besides the webpage that didn't say this, after I read the above, I found two other webpages that do say to do this.

But even they don't emphasize it like you did. I shouldn't have doubted you. Thanks a lot.

P.S. Deep in tzedit.hlp, it said something similar, but it's no way to write a program. They could have put some text in the tzedit screen to tell you to do this.

Reply to
mm

I posted too quickly.

Don't you at least have to accept the updates when they are offered? My friend generally doesn't do or accept updates to anything.

Reply to
mm

What if I want to set up an off-shore account for my daylight?

What about an off-planet account. I hear there's a lot of daylight on the moon.

OK. I see.

Can you get a Christmas account, where you deposit a little bit of daylight every week, but they don't pay any interest?

Is it true that China and Japan have been buying the daylight, and the US has to pay a lot of interest to get it back?

If I put daylight in my safe deposit box, will it leak out through the cracks?

Reply to
mm

Not if you have automatic updates configured, no. That's what "automatic" means...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Makes sense. I guess you're right. Well, I'm sending her a copy of this and the previous post, so maybe I'll find out. Maybe if she sees some benefit from updates, she'll take them.

Reply to
mm

mm inspired greatness with:

Yeah, well - that's the breaks.. Of the thousands US Usenet users, there are only one or two in each group that have a problem setting their clocks.... Maybe they are the annoyances, don't ya think?

Reply to
The artist known as ?

Odd. All my "atomic" clocks were set properly when I woke up Sunday.

The XDS standard also specifies a timezone record. Originally I would have guessed that it would be used along with the correct UTC time to set the VCR locally, doing so by assuming the selected channel was local to the user. My observation says the VCR ignores the UTC part and takes whatever time is in the record.

Reply to
clifto