OT. Food Waste

It's exactly that. It's very good for you (in reasonable amounts). IN Japan, the Doctors advised me many things for my lifelong health. (I was stationed there for almost 7 years). Japan Doctors are actually well versed in dietary issues.

Reply to
cshenk

THe main issue it seems with Tilapia is unlike at the start, a lot of it seems to use much sewage and too many antibiotcs? At least that is what web pages say.

LOL! Works for me! My current cat, Luko distrusts anything not from a bag.

Sadly my 25yo cat passed over the rainbow bridge last year, but she loved all but tuna.

Reply to
cshenk

At one time Arizona had the brainstorm of stocking the CAP canal with tilapia to keep the algae down. It's not legal to fish in the canal but I imagine more than one wound up in a frying pan. They've also spread. I hope they don't turn out to be the ecological disaster salt cedar did.

I haven't seen it lately unless it's popped up under another name but I gave swai a wide berth. Somehow I don't think a Vietnamese fish farm will have the highest standards.

This cat is a nibbler but is content with Friskies dry or wet food. In an expansive moment I picked up a case of Blue Wilderness at CostCo. Neither this cat, the neighborhood cats, or the passing skunk liked it.

One thing that gets his attention is the juice I pour of a can of tuna or salmon. He'll try to lick the bottom out of the bowl.

Reply to
rbowman

I'll stick to Cod and Swordfish, maybe Tuna. It keeps up my levels of mercury too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 22:08:34 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

You don't need a thermometer to take your temp.

Reply to
Tekkie©