OT but you guys are good...

Hence the reason its going back....

And as to why can't we just carry it. Well, the stairs are just a tab bit wider than the tv. So the person on the higher side has no place to put his feet while walking down. Unless you actually carry the tv, its hard to describe why its not as easy as it sounds.

And in response to 'how do you think moving companies move it?'. Well, I don't know how they move it, that why I posted the Q on a group full of intelligent people. If I knew how movers moved things like thisI would have saved myself the keystrokes.

But again, the tv has left the building. I used the forearm straps and it worked fine save a couple of small chips off the bottom corners. Nothing super glue won't fix. Thanks.

Reply to
ephedralover

Good deal. The forearm straps rock.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Until something goes wrong and they snap your forearms off, yeah. Those things look like an invitation to joint injury, to me. 'Specially if you're using them regularly.

Reply to
Goedjn

The way the bottom of the tv is made, no.

Reply to
ephedralover

You mention the stairs several times, so it's clear they are the problem.

Get rid of the stairs.

Install a sliding board or an elevator.

Reply to
mm

The problem is when you pick it up, it will hit the top of the doorways.

That set of moving straps is good, but one can accomplish the smae thing with rope. Everything big that I've moved had legs, but I did learn one good thing from the website. Cross the ropes and have his and my left hands on the same rope, and our right hands on the othe one.

Reply to
mm

I've seen some of the older big-screen TVs, and indeed they were fuzzy, dim and/or lacking in contrast,, and suffered from a narrow viewing angle -- and likely cost twice as much as a current model. But most of the newer HD ones look wonderful.

But keep in mind that not all the stores that have HD TVs on display have them displaying an HD picture. I asked once at a Circuit City store why not and was told that if people buy an HD TV and take it home and connected it to their regular non-HD satellite or cable box they'll come back and complain that the picture doesn't look like it did on the one in the store.

Perce (who so far has only a 26" TV -- but it is HD)

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy