OT. Beef Processing Company Hacked

JBS SA shut down some of its beef processing plants in Canada, the U.S. and Oz after hackers got into its system.

Dean Hoffman

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 18:35:27 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to digest...

Their meat can't be beat! Except by cyber hackers...

Disrupt oil, disrupt food, disrupt *fill in* ya think the xspurts will catch on?

Reply to
Tekkie©

Companies have been blind to computer problems for over 30 years. Mainly because they are too cheap to do what is necessary.

The first big screw up that I can recall hearing about was a company that refused to spend about $ 20 a week for some back up floppy drive disks. The system crashed and they had to pay some temporary help for about 3 weeks to put all the data back into the computer.

They need to have a redundant system that can be isolated from the other computers and the internet. Also there should be a way to isolate the computers from the internet and backup copies loaded in. When someone in Russia, China, and other companies can get into a company in the US , there is no security.

I was thinking the meat company's problem was with the ordering and shipping, but could be wrong as I did not pay much attention to the news about it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I haven't run across anything about the details of the hack. There's a video here showing the packing process. A lot of machines are on auto. Product safety issues must be high on the list of things to worry about.

Dean Hoffman

I read today that Iran's biggest warship mysteriously caught fire and sank, and one of their major refineries also happened to catch fire. I wonder if Netanyahu is going out with a bang?

Reply to
rbowman

You mean more of a bang than Gaza?

Reply to
gfretwell

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 22:19:51 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

Literally?

Reply to
Tekkie©