OT: Bad at math? You're screwed.

To be fair, you could be the competition.

The only thing you can get from a car "sales"person for free is dicked with, and they are Masters. A lot of down time sometimes around the store.

One, if not -the- key to extracting the most money from "customers" is switching their attention to payments, and keeping it there.

99% of those leaving dealerships with a new car have little or no idea of the purchase price, or what they got for their trade, if any, or care.

Assuming $0 down and the typical $16.67 per $1000 financed returns $47,930,41. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

Odd. Someone picked them up last night but...I had a zip lock bag with parts and reloads for the trimmer with the pile. They left that bag there!

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Funny that you mentioned it since I thought of it while writing my first response. My father was a very smart man, but simply couldn't make sense of a map. I remember once when we were driving from one friend to another in my town, he actually went home first because he knew how to get from home to either friend but didn't know how to get from one directly to the other. We were fairly new in town, but even then I knew that if we just went that way and then turned right we'd find it.

Same with one of my brothers. He is in the top percentile in all math and science tests, but no one needs a GPS more than he does. That's why I mentioned the Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat. The things that the brain can/can't do can be stunning.

Reply to
dgk

I was a Biology major working in a clinical laboratory when I decided that I wanted to work with these computer thingies. I took a very intense continuing education course in computer programming. Turns out that computer programming must be a lot like law since it's all logic, just breaking down problems into the steps that solve them.

Everyone in the continuing ed class already had at least a BS and most of us had Masters. But outside of me, the best folks at computer programming were musicians. And, oddly, waiters.

Reply to
dgk

Sometimes it's jes personal like/dislike. I'm a pretty good musician, good math skills, love science and computers, very good at problem solving, technical concepts, and learning new things. Can touch-type and love writing. OTOH, I despise computer programming. Bores me to death. I have a bare understanding of 3-4 languages, enough to be dangerous, and I keep trying to learn more and become more interested, but can't seem to break the barrier. Not even simple html. Lordy, I truly do loathe computer programming! Go figure.

nb

Reply to
notbob

I'd believe musicians. The part of the brain exercised via music is the same area used by math. As for waiters, they're really musicians (or actors) waiting for a gig, so that's not surprising either.

Reply to
HeyBub