One vs Two piece toilet

I'm in the market for a new toilet, but can't decide which to buy, a one piece or two piece unit.

Does one have any advantages over the other?

All opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Freckles

Reply to
Freckles

The one piece are pretty good looking, but I never owned one. I've heard so many complaints about them that I'd not buy one. Maybe new ones are better though.

I've recently installed a couple of Kohler 1.6 gallon comfort height units. They work well every time and stay clean.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The one piece units that do not have power assist are at a disadvantage because the drop height of water is less. That said, there are some excellent ones. We bought two from Costco about a year ago that work great. Went back a few months ago for a third. They switched brands and the latest one doesn't work quite as well.

I'd make sure your toilet is rated for 1000g from the full MAP report:

Arthur Conan Doyle

If it were me, I would stick with the two piece toilets.

That's because single piece toilets often require special parts that are only available from the manufacturer; like the toilet trip lever, for example. You might have to pay $40 for a trip lever from Crane or Kohler, whereas a $3 plastic Master Plumber trip lever from Home Depot will fit on their two piece toilets.

Reply to
nestork

About height:

This applies to toilets of all formats.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

If you have a rent house, and the renters are, ummmm full figured, probably more like morbidly obese, and they think the crapper is some kind of lazy boy recliner... a one piece toilet might be just the thing for them.

Reply to
Fat-Dumb and Happy