Oklahoma furnace request for help

Well, I'm in Oklahoma and fortunately I didn't lose power. But as to how long it will take. The last 2 ice storms (Christmas 2000 and January 2007) at McAlester here in Oklahoma my brother-in-laws house was without power for 11 days. But it depends on a lot of factors. Out in the country there were people without power for up to a month. Some places they couldn't get trucks in and had to carry everything in.

Bill Gill

Reply to
BillGill

After the Dec/Jan blizzard/ice in '05 across W KS/E CO, there were areas which were well over 30 days owing to such severe conditions and so much. Sunflower, the distribution arm of the W KS electric co-ops, lost over 20,000 poles alone. There were a dozen or so of the large HV cross-country transmission towers down in one area; a section of line just NW of us was taken down for a complete run of 27 miles with not a single pole left standing...

While bad, it can be even worse...this time, we were on the SW corner and stayed just above freezing for the most part. Did get the first 1" moisture since July 4 weekend so we're pretty happy, actually... :)

Reply to
dpb
30 days sounds miserable. What did you to, to adapt?
Reply to
Stormin Mormon