Oil/plastic smell from fan, want to clean/oil motor

Dremel tool, and grind the plastic away, where it pushes on the tab?
To repeat, three in one oil is likely to give you more breathing problems. Two stroke, or http://www.johnstonesupply.com/storefront/product-view.ep?pID=G84-620 turbine oil is often low organics, and long lasting. I've seen it at hardware stores. The long spout makes it much more versatile. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . . .
Two of the latches on the front face of the motor appear to be designed specifically to prevent the disassembly of the housing. I posted a picture at [IMG]
http://i42.tinypic.com/2z5j093.jpg
I'm open to suggestions as to how to get past this road block. Thanks in advance.
This summer, I've used my least problematic fans without setting them to oscillate. I notice that this is strongly correlated with the absence of the oil smells.
I have had the same problem with this fan I brought from family dollar a ye ar ago made by the brand cool master it smells of fuels and makes me light headed I bought a new fan from menards a smaller box fan made by comfort zo ne you should check it out it doesn't have a smell to it at all.