Not enough heat coming from Vent

Hi Everyone!

I have two heat vents that do blow heat, but not very hard. I have adjusted the dampers as much as I can, but a HVAC guy told me it is just the way the ducts are run. Withouth re-running ducts, is there a way to blow more heat out of vents? I read somewhere that you may be able to add small blowers inside the vents? Does anyone know of this?

Thanks, Wes

Reply to
Wes

They certainly exist. Google on terms like:

register fan booster fan duct

you'll find a bunch.

I have never installed one. They need a power source so it's not totally trivial. And I'm pretty skeptical about them. An extra fan isn't going to make a heating system produce more heat by magic. It might give you a little more control over the distribution of the heat.

On the other hand, fans create drafts, and drafts (even warm ones) tend to feel cool. So even if you're able to move more warm air into those areas, it might in fact *feel* cooler.

Sadly, builders frequently install crappy forced air systems with poor ducts. Short of ripping the place apart and starting over, there isn't much one can do about it. Very frustrating indeed!

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Sometimes it is possible to cut the flow on other runs to better balance the system.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

"Wes" wrote in news:1165340806.815953.168700@

16g2000cwy.googlegroups.com: