New roof shingles: Remove thin plastic strips on back of shingles before nailing down?

"John Willis" wrote

I think you know better than this John. If the OP felt compelled to remove the strips, then stack them back up. They would still stick together while out of the package.

Can you imagine going to a job, to find out a HomeOwner did this? Would you be livid or what?

Reply to
Cal

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:56:07 GMT, "Cal" scribbled this interesting note:

Must have been a pretty small job...

Doing this to even just one pallet of shingles would take more than a day. Doing it to two, three, or more pallets? Like I said, this fellow must be in search of a new hobby!:~)

John Willis

Sigh.... Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

- R&D -

- Nehmo - Please link.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

replying to willshak, Stephanperi49 wrote: I had shingles sitting the the sun for years and finally used them.. They were not stuck together even aftet all that time.. So i do think that they also serve for that purpose..

Reply to
Stephanperi49

Has anything changed in the 12 years since the OP?

Reply to
hrhofmann

Yes Google started giving people a portal to 12 year old posts.

Reply to
gfretwell

The poster came from the HomeOwnersHub portal.

Reply to
trader_4

Isn't that a google spawn?

Reply to
gfretwell

More Mexican roofers in the USA.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Most likely reading off Google archives?

See you all in twelve years.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I see no evidence that it's part of Google or has anything to do with Google. Just looks like a web portal that someone set up on their own.

Reply to
trader_4

replying to John Willis, Scott wrote: If your slow then yeah... Lazy people these days I swear. I did my 2 car detached garage in one day and I peeled off all of the tape.

Reply to
Scott

The tape on shingles is not meant to be removed. Read the instructions.

Reply to
trader_4