New cased A-coil and furnace (alignment)

Re: New cased A-coil and furnace (alignment)

Hi,

I recently had a contractor replace my old Carrier furnace, etc with lo-end Heil eqpt.

The matching cased A-coil unit sits slightly akilter on the furnace.

Viewing from the front, the coil unit is flush on the left side. Extends about 1/4 " over the furnace edge on the right. On the front and back, one corner is flush and the other is 1/4" off.

How do the cased A-coil units fit onto the furnace? Are they supposed to align perfectly?

I've paid the contractor (evidently a mistake on my part, should've held back something), and am wondering if this constitutes poor workmanship that might justify a BBB complaint. As near as I can tell, they didn't do a very good job except on the plenum, which *looks* good, but might be the reason the A-coil doesn't align.

Any/all suggestions/info much appreciated.

Cheers, Puddin'

Reply to
Puddin' Man