need help how to remove felt backing from old sheet vinyl

Hi.

We're taking up old felt backed sheet vinyl flooring. Ugh. Trying to get down to the luan layer that we can see beneath.

The vinyl part of the sheet vinyl is peeling up fine, but the felt backing is pretty tough and doesn't want to come up.

We've tried scraping with pretty dismal results.

Any ideas as to what the solvent might be? This was probably installed in the 70s or 80s.

All help appreciated!!!

geo

Reply to
geoleb

You dont, new floor would never be smooth. You rip up the luan and put new down.

Reply to
Brian V