My driveway

My asphalt driveway has several cracks, one hole, and a sunken section. How do I correct these problems DIY?

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

You mostly don't. Buckets of patch compound and crack filler from the borg will sort of take care of the cracks and the hole, but they will still be visible. A section that is outright sunken indicates the site prep was inadequate, and the dirt and gravel that is (hopefully) under the asphalt has settled or washed away.

I'd patch what you can before winter, and start saving up for a new driveway. When they get past a certain point, best to tear out down to undisturbed soil, and start over. Walk around your neighborhood and look for driveways that impress you, and ask who they used.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Depending on the size of the cracks, there are liquid fillers, caulking type fillers, and small stone types in a bag (that you'd use on the hole too). As for the sunken section, probably not much you can do DIY, especially if it is a large section.

If it is old or very bad condition, it maybe about time to replace it. .

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski