Mount outdoor outlet to stucco wall

re: "Are you planning to stand on this box after it is mounted on the wall or something ?"

I have some extension cords and tool plugs that require a decent amount of force to remove from the receptacle. By "a decent amount" I mean more than a couple of (or even four) plastic anchors in 1/2 stucco could withstand for very long.

That's why we're suggesting screws that reach the sheathing or a stud or maybe even molly bolts.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Stucco here is typically thicker than 1/2". I cut a plastic anchor to fit the depth of stucco and use a screw long enough to go through the sheathing. The plastic anchor also seals the hole. I would seal the top and usually the sides between the box and stucco with silicone caulk and drill a small drain hole in the bottom of the box. Nice to point wire nuts (if any) up so they don't fill with water. If using a waterproof receptacle cover I like the box horizontal because the cover is stronger.

Reply to
bud--