Milk, bread, eggs, and the storm Sandy

I went to my small town grocery, tonight. They had five of the most attractive 17 and 18 year old cashiers I've seen in a while. Yes, I'm a dirty old man. As I cashed out, I asked if they are very busy tonight, with the storm. Yes.

I asked what's a fast selling item, of the night.

The blue eyed blonde shrugged her shoulders, not sure.

The brunette answered "Mostly just the usual stuff. I guess we are selling more batteries."

The black haired cashier answered "Water." I asked bottled water? And she said yes.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I saw on map possible power outages as far west as Pittsburgh. A lot of power crews and national guard heading east. Tomorrow going to grocery. Today dollar general, soups, spam, armor treat. Armor treat, $1 a can. Tomorrow starting to collect water. This is not just for this week !!! Getting ready for possible events this winter. Also filled two vehicles, about 50 gallons gas. Got 3 generators, need more kerosene, if I can but it. I don't drink milk.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I just saw up to 2 feet of snow south of Pittsburgh.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

The news guys are taking this seriously. I hope it's a lot less severe than that. I don't wish the pain and suffering on everyone. You sound like a wise, and thoughtful person.

.

I saw on map possible power outages as far west as Pittsburgh. A lot of power crews and national guard heading east. Tomorrow going to grocery. Today dollar general, soups, spam, armor treat. Armor treat, $1 a can. Tomorrow starting to collect water. This is not just for this week !!! Getting ready for possible events this winter. Also filled two vehicles, about 50 gallons gas. Got 3 generators, need more kerosene, if I can but it. I don't drink milk.

Greg

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is that already on the ground, or is it forecast?

.

I just saw up to 2 feet of snow south of Pittsburgh.

Greg

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Forecast.